Study Cycle: 1
ECTS credit: 5
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Gregorčič Mrvar Petra
SCHOOL AS AN INSTITUTION
Dependence of school on general social goals and values, on its view of people and their role in society, its view of relation between an individual and community.
1. Organization of educational system:
- Goals of the education system (general educational orientation) and individual schools define their organizational structure.
- General characteristics of centralized and decentralized school systems (examples).
- Organization, financing, management, leadership, control of the system; educational (pedagogical) service and its functions (developmental, counselling, inspection).
2. School organization:
- Internal organization of work: planning and programming.
- Internal school organization depends on a variety of factors: the level of school, goals, tasks, leadership styles.
- Organizational forms: classes, optional school activities, supplementary and additional work, other forms of activities.
- Free time activities in school: institutionalization of leisure time; time and education; position and role of pupils, teacher - mentor; animation.
POSITION OF INDIVIDUALS AND THEIR RELATIONSHIPS AT SCHOOL
1. Position and role of teachers
- Position and roles of teachers; the problem of responsibility; teacher as an employee, professional and human being; teacher and his/her professional autonomy.
- Teacher and work programming.
- Teacher and innovation.
2. Teacher and school pedagogue (school counsellor) (consultation with teachers)
- Classical and consultation-based cooperation model.
- Goals and contents of consultation of pedagogue (school counsellor) and teacher.
- Teacher, innovations and the role of pedagogue (school counsellor).
3. Headmaster as pedagogical leader and administrative manager of an institution
- Position and tasks of a headmaster as a pedagogical leader and administrative manager; headmaster in various school systems, pedagogue's (school counsellor's) role and position depend on the headmaster's role and position.
4. School, teachers - home, parents
- Methods of organizing parents regarding school issues (parents in relations of school organization and parents' organizations beyond school structures); inclusion of parents into school work and education process; parents as clients and parents as partners; how this relationship is formed, cooperation between parents and school in urban and in rural settings. Parents' motivation for cooperation.
5. Pupils' role and position at school
- Social and anthropological analysis of school position of pupils: A pupil as a subject-object of school education work; active and passive participation.
- Subjective conditions of a pupil's assertion as an individual person at school.