Music and Movement
ECTS credit: 3
Lecturer(s): asist. mag. Podlesnik Tomášiková Lidija, red. prof. dr. Pettan Svanibor Hubert
• A historical overview of dance development in different disciplines: ethno-choreology, dance anthropology, dance ethnology.
• Modern concepts, theories and research methods, recognizing relevant literature and fieldwork.
• An overview of the most important sources for the reconstruction of European dances from the 15th to the 20th century.
• An overview and comparison of the style and structural dance forms, changes of dances through time and space.
• Dependency of music and social dance.
• Diverse roles of dance: from customs and habits of the life and calendar cycle to modern political events.
• Discussions about dance as an indicator of cultural and national identity, folk dances.
• Video projections and practical introduction into the bases of folk dancing.
• Practical performing and revision of steps, dance figures and historical and folk choreographies.