Geography of Europe
Study Cycle: 1
ECTS credit: 8
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Ilc Klun Mojca, prof. dr. Rebernik Dejan, prof. dr. Zupančič Jernej
- Fisical geography of Europe and selected european regions.
- European integration and European Union: development, objectives and organisation.
- Agriculture and fishing in EU, Common agricultural policy and its spatial, economic and social implications. Common fisheries policy and modern problems of fishery in Europe.
- Energy and manufacturing in EU. Industrialisation and deindustrialisation in EU. Energy production and consumption. Commom energy policy.
- Economic development of transitional states in Central Europe.
- Services and tourism in EU. Tertiarisation and global cities in EU.
- Population and settlement in EU. Natural population growth and its economic and social implications. Migration of poputaion and foreigners in EU.
- Degradation and environment protection in EU- Environment action programmes of EU.
- The term and geographical position of South-Eastern and Eastern Europe and their borders. Natural environment of SE Europe and russian space. The natural resources and cultural heritage.
- Political-territorial and ethnic development of states on Balkan peninsula and on North Asia: the traces of historical processes and their geographic consequences.
- Communism as most influent factor of social and spatial circumstanceson the Balkans and large space of former Soviet union. The transition proces and its contemporary consequences.
- Slavonic part of Europe: ethnic composition and problms of interethnic relations. Interethnic conflicts, local wars and estimation of a recent conflict potential. Administrative division of countries and their political structure.
- The settlement system on the Balkans and russian space. Demographic devbelopment and tendencies. East- and South-East Europe as a »reserve« of potential migrants to central and west-european countries (EU).
- Economic structure and perspectives. Rural areas. Industrialization and urbanization in the area. The perspectives and problems of tourism and services.